The Ford 351W was an engine developed by the Ford Motor Company. Many of the 351W engines were produced in the Ford factory located in Windsor, Canada.
Ford began manufacturing the engines in 1969 and continued using the engine in Ford vehicles until 1995. The Ford 351W was used in a variety of vehicles, from the Mustang to the F350.
History of the Engine
Prior to the introduction of the 351W, Ford Motor Company had been using the Y-block engine. The Y-block was a V-8 automobile piston engine that the company began manufacturing in 1954.